Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does this readynas thing work?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Does this readynas thing work?

Not sure how they can say netgear readynas is a easy backup solution. It is not at all and that is false advertising. I have now thrown numerous backup solutions at it, all fail. Between the limited amount of features and the no possbility of backing up simply and with none of the apps work, I do not get it.

I simply want to backup numerous computers found within different metro nodes to this unit. As of right now I can confidently say I am the only one trying to accomplish this out of the millions of users because there is truly zero info anywhere and truly zero documentation anywhere. Not one video on youtube and the only things I can find is extremely ancient material. I do not get it.

Been trying for days and weeks now, got zero accomplished. I install apps, they do not do anything at all, literally, nothing, all useless. I installed ddclient, again does nothing at all what so ever. I try to edit the config file and it says i have no permission which makes no sense.

Readycloud app does zero for me. Not a backup solution at all and no idea how any one can say it is.

So has of right now I spent hundreds upon hundreds dollars for a easy backup solution that is giving me nothing but issues and nothing but headaches.

I am willing to pay someone to assist me. You help me, give me your paypal and I will pay.

It is quite simple what I am trying to do. Access this thing over wan. Install ddns. backup win10 computers. that is it.

Message 1 of 4

@Retired_Member wrote:

Not sure how they can say netgear readynas is a easy backup solution.

What do you mean by readynas?  ReadySHARE Vault?

It works OK here, although it isn't something that I would rely on for heavy duty backups. Netgear has also threatened to kill it in firmware updates.

@Retired_Member wrote:

Readycloud app does zero for me.

Readycloud works fine here too. But I just use it to copy files between two routers on different Internet accounts. Dead easy.

@Retired_Member wrote:

Been trying for days and weeks now, got zero accomplished. I install apps, they do not do anything at all, literally, nothing, all useless.

You don't tell anyone which Netgear hardware you are playing with, so any suggestions have to be based on guessing what your problem is, how it manifests itself and how it might be fixed. All I can say is that things work OK here.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well it dont work for me not one bit

Message 3 of 4

@Retired_Member wrote:

Well it dont work for me not one bit

With  no information from you about your system and what you are doing, we are all left guessing.

We don't even know what you mean  by "this readynas thing".

Did you come here for help, or simply to complain?

Either is fine. But if it is just "moan" mode, the rest of use can get on with our lives.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7