Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Double NAT Detected on Xbox Series X

Lthornburg64
Aspirant

Double NAT Detected on Xbox Series X

I recently purchased a new Cable modem router to replace my isp provided equipment. I set up the router and all of my other equipment that is linked with this new router works well, except my Xbox series x is giving me the Double NAT Detected error which was my original issue and why I purchased this in the first place. I have tried port forwarding and a few other fixes found online but I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

What is "all your other equipment"?

A details listing of your setup (modem/router/switches/etc) is key in helping you 

Message 2 of 10
Lthornburg64
Aspirant

By other equipment I just meant everything running of the router. I have a cell phone booster that is plugged in via Ethernet cable. And my Xbox is also plugged via Ethernet. Other than that I have quite a few different devices running off the router wirelessly with no issues. As far as any problems I have connection wise is just my Xbox series x console is showing a double NAT Detected. As far as my internet connections I have the AC1900 cable modem router model C7000v2 plugged into power with the cable coming straight out of the wall with no splitters or anything going straight to the modem router I listed.
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

see if putting the xbox's IP address into the routers DMZ

Message 4 of 10
Lthornburg64
Aspirant

How do I do that?
Message 5 of 10
Lthornburg64
Aspirant

I looked up instructions online and I got that done. Still showing Double NAT Detected
Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

And your only networking device is the C7000? no other routers, switches, etc. 

Even without dmz, if all you have is the c7000, you shouldn't even get the double nat issue. With only that device and using dmz, it should automatically pass all info to the xbox. 

Message 7 of 10
Lthornburg64
Aspirant

Correct. It is the only device used for my network.
Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

I'd go over your network again to look for any other devices that are running dhcp. 

Even without using the DMZ option, you shouldn't be in a double nat if the xbox is wired into the c7000. With that, it should basically be a direct connection. 

Message 9 of 10

@Lthornburg64 wrote:
....  except my Xbox series x is giving me the Double NAT Detected error which was my original issue and why I purchased this in the first place.

These things cause great grief.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox nat

Plenty of things to try there.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7