Down load speeds drop in half using the new ac1900 router

azbigdoglover
Follower

Down load speeds drop in half using the new ac1900 router

Hello

I tested my PC speeds before installing the router (D=175/U=28) but after installing the router it dropped the download speed in half to 96mbps.  ANy ideas or help/assistance would be appreciated.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
azbigdoglover
Follower

Re: Down load speeds drop in half using the new ac1900 router

AC1900

Message 2 of 7
azbigdoglover
Follower

what is a "Tag"?  pardon my ignorance please

Message 3 of 7
TheEther
Guru

One possibility is that the WAN/Internet port on your router is only running at 100 Mbps.  You can confirm this by looking at Show Statistics on the router.  The Ethernet cable may be bad, so try a different one. 

Message 4 of 7
bobrobert
Aspirant

I have the AC1900 wifi router with 80Mbps internet service from ATT.  I validated at the Modem ports and from the wifi ports I get 80 Mbps but the WiFi is only ~35Mbps.  The internet provider is saying that the speed is being limited by RF interference--I don't think that is the reason.  Anyone have any ideas why the wifi speed is half of the wired speed?

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi bobrobert,

Are your wireless devices connected on 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? If the devices are on .24Ghz, please check the link below for explanation.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11711/related/1

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi bobrobert,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements