Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Down stream blinking on C6300-AC1750

Boragard
Guide

Down stream blinking on C6300-AC1750

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help.  My down stream light on my modem is blinking.  While I still have internet it is SLOW! I swear dial up back in the day was faster.  I'm using C6300-A1750 Cable Modem that I've had since 2017.  

I received an email from xfinity stating they have improved internet speeds from 25 to 50 mps for free and all I had to do was unplug modem.  I did and its still slow and down stream is still blinking.

I have done several internet speed test, download speeds are from 1-7.50 and uploads are up to 10! WHAT?!  How is my upload faster than my download? Can someone please help.  Idk what to do.  I've reset the modem, tried to install updates...

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Boragard
Guide

I just wanted to close this thread out.  It was indeed the ISP provider, xfinity, all they had to do was resend a signal to my device and it was up and running effectively again.  Thank you all who've replied. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page from the modem? That shows the upstream/downstream connection link.

I'd also advise checking your coax line for splitters, amplifiers, attenuators, and for damage/kink/old/bad connectors. Remove those. 

Message 2 of 11
Boragard
Guide

Forgive me... But what is a screen snip? Do you mean if I can upload a picture?

Also there are no splitters, amplifiers, etc.
Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

yes, its how we can view the cable connection page. 

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots (microsoft.com)

Message 4 of 11
Boragard
Guide

How do I get to these settings? Do I have to log into netgear and look under a specific section? Or is this information on my computer? I'm not sure where in the computer to access this information.
Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

Message 6 of 11
Boragard
Guide

Ok. Is this it?
Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

yes it is. 
you have a lot of errors in your line. Again, check you line. 

Preferrably move the modem to right where the coax enters the home to prevent wiring in the home being the issue. If this doesn't help, then your isp needs to check the line. 

Message 8 of 11
Boragard
Guide

my isp is xfinity.  Smiley Indifferent

I've contacted them today after resetting the modem yet again.  They sent a signal to my router and it went up to 44mbps then back down to 4.1.  first, they told me to replace the modem.  When I insisted that my ethernet and downstream were both blinking they begrudingly sent a tech request to come out on Sunday.  

I've been reading forums and all of them say the tech is going to say to "buy a new modem" but all was fine until last week when my internet went down.

All of my connections are tight and the modem, ethernet and cable line are all within 2 feet of each other.  It's got to be on their end.

Anything I can do in the mean time?

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

Not really. You can check the line outside of the home for any splitters/signal attenuators, bad connections. 

Message 10 of 11
Boragard
Guide

I just wanted to close this thread out.  It was indeed the ISP provider, xfinity, all they had to do was resend a signal to my device and it was up and running effectively again.  Thank you all who've replied. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7