Dreadful Netgear’s support

SAndr123
Aspirant

Dreadful Netgear’s support

Dreadful Netgear’s support. I bough two R7500v1 routers in April, 2015. Both were broken with the same symptoms  after two weeks with eSATA disks connected: eSATA LED was ON and nothing else, no power LED no other LEDs. I replaced them (warrantee) after call to Netgear support. But after almost year, April 2016, new, already replaced router got the same problem: ony eSATA LED is on and nothing works. Again replacement, but fortunately to R7800. But second replaced R7500v1 again got the same probem with eSATA LED in September 2016.

Well, now my sad story. First, Netgear agreed to replace this fourth (!) time broken R7500v1 to R7500v2 because they stopped any support of R7500v1 (End of Life for this router. I got my RMA, but after two weeks they called me and informed that there are no such routers for replacement in their depositary. If so, why I was not informed from the beginning? Waiting with my RMA… It is not professional, no coordination in Netgear services. Then, I just was asked to let them know my Bank details for money refund. Not asking me: do I agree for refund instead of replacement. It was already 7th of October. The same day I send my Bank details and informed that according to the local country laws this refund should be performed during 10 days. And nothing more. I still cannot get my money back. Today is 2nd of December.  56 days passed since I sent my Bank details. No money. No any reaction of Netgear to all my mails and calls.

My case #27435963 is still not closed. I did not get my money. I lost my router Beware of such support of Netgear. You can loose your money with such quality of products and such support.

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dreadful Netgear’s support

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let me make a follow-up on your case.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
SAndr123
Aspirant

OK, thank you.

Message 3 of 4
SAndr123
Aspirant

Three months anniversary since my call to Netgear support. Case is still open. No money. No reaction of Netgear to my mails and calls. Congratulations Netgear! Your support is fiction.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E