Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropping 2.4 signal intermittently

HighDesert
Tutor

Dropping 2.4 signal intermittently

Seems I have joined the crowd with my new Nighthawk AC1900 that has started dropping the 2.4 channel for wifi connecions.  We just purchased this unit and it worked great for the first 5 dyas.  Now it is intermittently dropping wifi and it is becoming very frustrating to deal with.  I checked the firmware, as it did an update after installtion.  Current frimware is V1.0.9.26  Is there a solution to this continual dropping of signmal?  If this cannot be fixed, this is going back and I'm getting a different router.  Any suggestions as this unit is not even a week old???

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
HighDesert
Tutor

Re: Dropping 2.4 signal intermittently

Tried your suggestion and reset the router yesterday afternoon. It did work better, but still dropped WiFi last night a few times. But it was better than before. I will try this a few days more, but if it keeps up the unit is going back. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies

This looks like a hangover from the KRACK issue with the Android/Chromecast induced meltdown of late last year.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 2 of 3
HighDesert
Tutor

Tried your suggestion and reset the router yesterday afternoon. It did work better, but still dropped WiFi last night a few times. But it was better than before. I will try this a few days more, but if it keeps up the unit is going back. Thanks for the help!
Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7