• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Dropping Entire Network and Internet

I have the R6900 NIghthawk router with the latest Firmware update (as an attempt to solve this issue). Randomly, the router will drop the entire home network - all devices - and lose internet connection entirely or show extremely slow speeds. I have read some disturbing blogs about this issue not being reparable, but wanted to check here first. I have tried resetting, updating firmware, etc. The funny thing is that the router shows no obvious errors in the log. 

Any ideas ???

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Dropping Entire Network and Internet

I was on Firmware Version V1.0.1.34, until 1 hour ago, and now on Firmware Version V1.0.1.36 (Hotfix Beta version).  I am running Windows 10 (64bit), and also Macs on the network.

I started dropping Internet/Timing-out a few weeks ago, on 2.4GHz only.  Around when I upgraded to Firmware Version V1.0.1.34.  Previously (for the past 2 years) my R6900 was working great. 5GHz isn't having this issue. I am fortunate to a device with a 5GHz connection nearby, so I have been using that to change channels on 2.4GHz and restore Internet access.

I changed channel selection from Auto to a specific channel, and had a day without an issue.  However the Internet dropping issue re-appeared the next day. I am now trying Firmware Version V1.0.1.36 (Hotfix Beta version).  It's too early to know if that Hotfix is helping me.  I am pretty frustrated, but hoping one of us can figure out a solution.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Dropping Entire Network and Internet

Well, after doing a LOT of research and reading many bad reviews on this router, I broke down and bought a new Asus router. I'm with you - this router worked great for about 1.5 years, and then started bombing at least 5x per week. I can't have that with my business, so bye bye Netgear. I'm keeping it as an emergency backup, but for now it's boxed up!
Message 3 of 3