DynDNS IPV6 updates

rcbarata
Aspirant

DynDNS IPV6 updates

Hi Everyone, i started to get IPV6 from my ISP, but they still send IPV4, and im using the router Dyndns Client to send the updates, but its just sending the IPV4 ip address to DynDNS, someone knows if theres some way to fix it?

thank you!!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: DynDNS IPV6 updates

Have you set up the R7000 to handle your ISP's flavour of IPv6.

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 27.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Not convinced the Nightawk DDNS updater does update both IPv4 A and IPv6 AAAA records at all - certainly not for Netgear's own mynetgear.com domain.

Message 3 of 5
rcbarata
Aspirant

Thank you, actually i just need for IPV6, but i dont see the option to choose wich one i want to send the updates.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

For IPv6 you need to run an IPv6 DDNS update (if the DDNS provider does support of course) on each device, as each device does have it's own IPv6 address - in general there is no NAT on IPv6.

In absence of an updater doing both IPv4 and IPv6 (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) there can't be any control for just update the AAAA record (IPv6 address) only.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements