netgruser
Follower

Dynamic DNS - The email has already been registered with a different password

I tried registered dynamic dns, but I mistyped the e-mail address and I need it reset.  Everytime I try to create the service, I get "The email has already been registered with a different password".  The first time I did it, it send to click on the e-mail verification; however I don't have access to the mistyped account.  Please advise.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Dynamic DNS - The email has already been registered with a different password

Tried registering for dynamic dns with the correct email address?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dynamic DNS - The email has already been registered with a different password

Just make this easy on yourself.

Which DNS service are you using Netgear or no-ip?

Use the other service instead.  Router accepts both.

I use No-IP

https://www.noip.com/sign-up

It's free.

You can give your DNS a unique name (something meaningful to you).  The suffix choices are limited and fixed for the free acoounts.  Been using them for years, long before Netgear started offering the feature in their routers. 

Way back when, DYNDNS.org was the best free option.  They started charging for their service and No-IP was born.  It wasn't long before Netgear, Linksys, TP-Link, Asus, etc started offering support for no-ip in their firmware.

Just use one or the other and make sure you check for typos before you submit.  I would also not subscribe to their mailing list.  Check box at the bottom of the page.

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.68 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements