Dynamic QoS not supporting Overwatch - thinks OneDrive is YouTube

cholzer
Initiate

Dynamic QoS not supporting Overwatch - thinks OneDrive is YouTube

Microsoft OneDrive  - Android:

When the Microsoft OneDrive app uploads data to the cloud then the device falsely identifies that traffic as "YouTube" inside the "Attached Devices" section.

OVERWATCH:

Dynamic QoS is unable to identify Blizzards first person shooter "Overwatch". When you play it then it only shows up as "general web traffic".

As a result I suffer from major lag when i.e. OneDrive starts to upload pictures in the background on my smartphone.

Overwatch uses the following ports:
- TCP: 1119, 3724, 6113, 80

- UDP: 6250, 5062, 5060, 12000-64000, 3478, 3479

How can we get Netgear to add support for Overwatch in their "Performance Optimization Database"? Current verson v3.0607.cloud-g0

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
clithes
Prodigy

Re: Dynamic QoS not supporting Overwatch - thinks OneDrive is YouTube

Are you playing Overwatch on PC or console?  Have you tried giving whichever Highest priority in your QoS settings?  Does this make any difference?

Modem: Bipac 8800NL | Routers: R7800, R8500 & R9000
Powerline: PLP1200x4 PL1200x6 | WiFi Extenders: PLW1000 & XWN5001
Switches: GS105Ex2, GS105Ev2, GS108Ev2, GS305
Message 2 of 5
cholzer
Initiate

I play on PC.

The issue is that Dynamic QoS does not know Overwatch and thus it does not apply it's rules. It thinks it's "general traffic".

I find it concerning that their "Performance Optimization Database" was last updated in June 07, 2016. Version: v3.0607.cloud-g0 is the latest it downloads.

Regarding your question if I set the higest priority for this PC - I don't think you can set priorities when using Dynamic QoS. At least there is no option for that.

Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can set the priority when you enable the Dynamic QoS. 

Down at the bottom of the page, you will see "Click here to see bandwidth utilization by device and application".

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 5
Killhippie
Prodigy

Although the fact the database has not been updated in almost nine months is appalling and something that was neatly sidestepped I noticed! No iPhone 7 section taking into account the Intel chip used for networking, no new, new consoles with 802.11ac stacks like the latest PS4 slim and ps4 Pro, games, apps or any other hardware have been added sine june 2016. Netgear seems to drop support for its routers very quickly, so I am left wondering what you are actually doing with all the data from the cloud uploads you get from these routers...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E