Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dynamic QoS not working

Ansari9186
Aspirant

Dynamic QoS not working

I am trying to play on my gaming laptop so I need dynamic qos it was working before but now it’s not at working If I change my priorities they remain the same and they change themselves
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
rinthos
Luminary

Re: Dynamic QoS not working

Regardless of the impact of QoS I believe you are running into a firmware bug related to the QoS GUI and the QoS database...

Hate to say it, but load the latest firmware (assuming you have the regular R8000 not the R8000P, if so, re-load the latest, after the router fully reboots factory reset the device (hold the reset button in for ~15 seconds, likely overkill but will do the trick).

Reconfigure the router. Re-enable QoS, but do NOT choose to update the QoS database.

Also clear browser cache or use an incognito window and log back into the Router.

Then go ahead and try setting the QoS priority entries through the GUI.

Should do the trick.  The issue may reoccur and same thing would be required.

But to the prior point, do you think QoS is helping you with something given your 300Mbps configuration? You may not benefit at all from it...just something to be mindful of.

@Ansari9186 wrote:

the problem i am facing is my device priority remains on medium when i change it to highest  so.... if possible please help and my modem is

R8000 nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WiFi Router

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What speeds do you pay for? 

Qos isn't recommended at speeds greater than 250mbps. 

What issue are you having that makes you think you need qos? 

Are you gaming over 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Firmware on the router? 

What modem do you have? 

Message 2 of 6
Ansari9186
Aspirant

My internet speed is 300 Mbps
I play on 5 ghz
My firmware is V1.0.4.62_10.74

I just want to allot speeds to my device as I have WiFi switches and small WiFi device who don’t need that much speed they all connected to 2.4 ghz by speed I mean there priority so please help me out
Message 3 of 6
Ansari9186
Aspirant

the problem i am facing is my device priority remains on medium when i change it to highest  so.... if possible please help and my modem is

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Qos isn't recommended at speeds greater than 250mbps. And you have 300mbps. 

What issue do you think qos is fixing? 

Message 5 of 6
rinthos
Luminary

Regardless of the impact of QoS I believe you are running into a firmware bug related to the QoS GUI and the QoS database...

Hate to say it, but load the latest firmware (assuming you have the regular R8000 not the R8000P, if so, re-load the latest, after the router fully reboots factory reset the device (hold the reset button in for ~15 seconds, likely overkill but will do the trick).

Reconfigure the router. Re-enable QoS, but do NOT choose to update the QoS database.

Also clear browser cache or use an incognito window and log back into the Router.

Then go ahead and try setting the QoS priority entries through the GUI.

Should do the trick.  The issue may reoccur and same thing would be required.

But to the prior point, do you think QoS is helping you with something given your 300Mbps configuration? You may not benefit at all from it...just something to be mindful of.

@Ansari9186 wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7