Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dynamic QoS - will not connect to Netgear Servers for Update

lizwils0
Aspirant

Dynamic QoS - will not connect to Netgear Servers for Update

Hello, 

I'm having issues getting the Dynamic QoS database updated on my netgear nighthawk r800p. I've tried to include everything relevant below. Any help is greatly appreciated and let me know if there is additional info I can provide. Thanks.

deviceNighthawk R800P
frimwareV1.4.3.88
Dynamic QoSEnabled
Performance Database Versionno version installed
Performance Database Release Dateno version installed

When I click on the button "Update Now" for the Performance Database I get a screen that just says: 

Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait...

I am never able to get past this message. I've been on it for over an hour. As far as I can tell the Netgear servers are online.

I have attempted to manually redownload the firmware from Netgear and uploaded it to my router, but still the issue persists. All my devices are working, but I cannot seem to get the Performance database for the QoS to install onto my router. 

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dynamic QoS - will not connect to Netgear Servers for Update

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4
lizwils0
Aspirant

The Modem is a Netgear CM700. My ISP's stuff is garbage, so I replaced the their stuff with Netgear equipment. 

In regards to the factory reset, I didn't think to do that before. I just tried it and It was able to download Performance DB version 0.0.19, but I'm not sure if this is the latest version, as it doesn't tell me when it was released. I also still seem to be unable to update the Performace DB version. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok was told my NG that services are up and running and may take time. Might check back in a while or day or two and see. Might power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute then back on in same order then check. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7