× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX14 Extender Router LED Red but connected

Ryant324
Aspirant

EAX14 Extender Router LED Red but connected

I just bought a new extender, one stated to be used for mesh systems. Ever since we got our mesh system, the signal I was pulling to my room outside the house with my Wi-Fi extender would drop or get extremely weak several times a day. So I got this and haven’t really had time to experience it much to see if it does the same thing. But my Router Link LED most of the time is lit RED, sometimes I will see it green, but I am still getting a signal to my devices in my room when it is red.

Any explanation ?

Thanks,

Ryan
Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: EAX14 Extender Router LED Red but connected

Look up in the manual of the router what the LED colors mean.
You also didn't say which router model you have.
Message 2 of 4
Ryant324
Aspirant

Thought I said it right there in the title EAX14. Maybe I’m wrong. It only came with an insert saying that was the Router Link LED which I’m assuming means the link from the extender to router.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

1. what router do you have? 

2. how far from the router is the extender? 

3. What is the home materials made from? 

4. how many walls/much materials between the router and the extender are there? 

5. if you log into the extender, there's a status page that shows the connection back to the router. Get a screen snip of that and post it back here. 

The router link led usually indicates a poor connection back to the router. So its investigating why its link is poor. Whether its home size, materials, whats blocking it, interference, etc. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7