Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ETHERNET and WIFI connection

Bruce0138
Aspirant

ETHERNET and WIFI connection

I have my pc connected with both an ether net and 5g wifi. I need the 5g for \\readyshare. Cant connect to \\readyshare unless i disable ether net connection.

BUG?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Bruce0138
Aspirant

Re: ETHERNET and WIFI connection

Your right and I should have described it better.
However, after entering the problem in the community , I disabled the Ethernet connection so that I could do further testing. Every thing went fine. I received an email with your response , so I enabled the Ethernet adapter , check to see if it was public or private. Both are private. The wired connection may have been public because I had set it to allow other users to access the network through this PC? Now I can access readyshare. I notice that both the wireless and Ethernet are private and have joined HomeGroup.
I suspect if not for your reply causing me to rexamine both connections, I might still be unable to use readyshare.
I guess the solution was to make sure both were private. I'm not sure about both being connected to the HomeGroup had any thing to do with the issue.

The error error I was getting was "you are not connected to the network your router is on" or words to that effect

Again, thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

R7000, or what?  Firmware version?

> I have my pc [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.  So, some version of
Windows?  My Windows expertise is weak, but...

> [...] connected with both an ether net and 5g wifi.

Probably not a good idea.  I'd expect the wired connection to be used
in preference to the wireless connection.

> I need the 5g for \\readyshare. Cant connect to \\readyshare unless i
> disable ether net connection.

"Can[']t" is not a useful problem description.  It does not say what
you did.  It does not say what happened when you did it.  As usual,
showing actual actions with their actual results (error messages, ...)
can be more helpful than vague descriptions or interpretations.  (Note:
"cant" is a word, different from "can't".)

Are you using File Explorer (or whatever it's called in your version
of Windows), or a web browser, or what?

> BUG?

Perhaps, but my first guess would be that it's a Windows problem,
where your wireless connection is configured as a "Private" network, so
that it will allow file sharing, but the wired connection is (still?)
configured as a "Public" network, so that it will not allow file
sharing.

Message 2 of 3
Bruce0138
Aspirant

Your right and I should have described it better.
However, after entering the problem in the community , I disabled the Ethernet connection so that I could do further testing. Every thing went fine. I received an email with your response , so I enabled the Ethernet adapter , check to see if it was public or private. Both are private. The wired connection may have been public because I had set it to allow other users to access the network through this PC? Now I can access readyshare. I notice that both the wireless and Ethernet are private and have joined HomeGroup.
I suspect if not for your reply causing me to rexamine both connections, I might still be unable to use readyshare.
I guess the solution was to make sure both were private. I'm not sure about both being connected to the HomeGroup had any thing to do with the issue.

The error error I was getting was "you are not connected to the network your router is on" or words to that effect

Again, thank you for your response.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7