Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 will accept network password

FrankPrice
Tutor

EX2700 will accept network password

I have today purchased a new EX2700 range extender. I have set it up using WPS. All led’s are green yet the device will not allow mobile or pc connections as it will not accept my wifi network password. I have reset the device and my phone twice. I have changed the wifi network password. It still will not connect. Please help!
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700 will accept network password

The EX2700 isn't a mesh extender. Its one of the most basic extender netgear currently makes. 

If you're wanting a single ssid then you'd want to get a mesh extender that has that capabilities. 

You can name the extender and router with the same ssid but devices won't roam and will tend to be sticky to the router/extender they initially connected to. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FrankPrice
Tutor

The title should of course read EX2700 will NOT accept network password
Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

what router is it connected to? 

Try factory resetting it and reinstalling it using the installation assistant and not WPS

Message 3 of 6
FrankPrice
Tutor

Thanks for that advice. All connected now. However, I now have two wifi networks in my house and have to switch between them as I move around from room to room! How can this be right I wonder. This system is trial until a Belkin system that failed after many years, but that one was just one mesh not two separate networks.
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

The EX2700 isn't a mesh extender. Its one of the most basic extender netgear currently makes. 

If you're wanting a single ssid then you'd want to get a mesh extender that has that capabilities. 

You can name the extender and router with the same ssid but devices won't roam and will tend to be sticky to the router/extender they initially connected to. 

Message 5 of 6
FrankPrice
Tutor

OK thanks for your support
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements