Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700

MylesWhaley
Aspirant

EX3700

I followed all the instructions to set up the extender, all the lights are green on the booster itself and neither of the ext networks provide faster speeds. When trying to play online games, the lag is unplayable even when connected to the booster. Is there any way to sort this?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700

What modem do you have?

What router are you connecting it to? 

What extender do you have? you put ex3700 in title and ex7000 in the signature. 

What firmware is on it? 

are you gaming over wireless?

What band are you connecting to? 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get in the location that the extender is in?

Message 2 of 4
MylesWhaley
Aspirant

Im connecting to a virgin media router in a student house, we are promised a minimum download speed of 180mbs but dont get close to that. The model is the ex700, and neither band provides any better speeds. However, all the lights on the booster are green so i am not sure what the problem is. Yes i am playing over wireless as the ethernet cable i have cannot reach the booster.

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. What exact speed do you get off your "generic" router? An extender isn't going to be as fast as the router and to be precise, will be 50% of the speed of the base router its connecting to. Reason why is it has to send/recieve between router---extender and then extender---device and can't do both at once. Its why a decent router is critical. its the backbone of the system. 

2. What is this generic router? 

4. EX700? Are you missing a zero? missing a 3? That didn't clear it up at all. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7