× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 - Ethernet From WiFi

Barryng
Follower

EX6100 - Ethernet From WiFi

I need to create an Ethernet port from an existing WiFi network so I can wirelessly connect to a printer with only an Ethernet connection. Will an EX6100 do this or will it only do the reverse; create a WiFi network from an Ethernet port on a router?

The switch on the side has two positions; "Access Point" and "Extender". It is not clear if "Access Point" means a wireless access point from Ethernet or the reverse, an Ethernet access point from an existing WiFi network. The existing WiFi network has excellent coverage so no extender mode is needed or appropriate.

Message 1 of 3

Re: EX6100 - Ethernet From WiFi

@Barryng wrote:

I need to create an Ethernet port from an existing WiFi network so I can wirelessly connect to a printer with only an Ethernet connection. Will an EX6100 do this or will it only do the reverse; create a WiFi network from an Ethernet port on a router?

Both are possible with the EX6100. It is the difference between Extender Mode and Access Point Mode.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in the model number and check the documentation for the EX6100.

By the way, there is another option for connecting LAN devices to your router. It is Powerline Ethernet which turns your mains circuit into a wired ethernet network.

For more on the EX6100 try the appropriate section:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6100 - Ethernet From WiFi

So setup the extender in extender mode. In that mode, you can connect the printer to it. 

Access point mode is for when you want the extender hardwired to your router (faster speeds)

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7