× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200V2 Connects to phone when EX6200V2 powers up but not afterwards no IP address

EX6200V2 Connects to phone when EX6200V2 powers up but not afterwards no IP address

I bought the EX6200V2 extender 4 years ago and has worked very well until now. When I power up the Phone in the morning, the phone tries to connect to the extended wifi but message Couldn't get IP address appears.  If I power off the EX6200V2 then on again, I get an connection. If I power off the phone or move to the main wifi - I cant get a connection again - Can't get an IP address.  If I power off the extender and I get a connection.   I have done two factory resets and has the latest firmware installed as a result of the factory resets. I am not sure whether to buy a new extender.  Any help appreciated

Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6200V2 Connects to phone when EX6200V2 powers up but not afterwards no IP address

What router is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 8

Re: EX6200V2 Connects to phone when EX6200V2 powers up but not afterwards no IP address

The router is a Spark (My ISP Provider)  Model no VRV9517UWAC34-A-SP.  The router has been replaced and the problem remains.  Dave

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

did you setup the ex6200 using wps or using the installation assistant? 

have you tried disabling bandsteering on the spart router? 

Message 4 of 8

After the factory reset I used off the web the instructions.  Whilst i wont write it all in summary. Placed router near the WiFi router. Powered up. Disconnect my PC from the Interent and typed in New Extender setup and I followed the instuctions. Entered the WIFI name. Used Netware Genie.  No I haven't tried disabling bandsteering on the spart router.  I will try this.  I haven't done this before but I will have a go.   I left my phone power up and connected last night and the wifi connection is still connected.  Appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 8

Just set off Bandsteering and tried.  No chnage -  I could not connect.  Should I set bandsteering back on?

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

You can turn it back on. 

Have you set it with a static ip address in the VRV9517

Message 7 of 8

No  I am not sure how to do this.  I will find out and have a go.  Dave.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7