× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 extender stopped connecting to internet or allowing setup

DisgustedinBuff
Follower

EX7000 extender stopped connecting to internet or allowing setup

Honestly, WTF?  I'm trying to write an explanation of what happened and included the url that I typed in to my browswer when connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network and the editor won't allow me to submit the comment because I have used that URL, which is something that NetGear themselves tell you to use?

I have rebooted and reset the router.  It has a strong wifi signal, but no internet even though the router has internet.  Also, oddly, when I try to do a set up and connect via wifi to do that set up it refuses the connection.  

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Re: EX7000 extender stopped connecting to internet or allowing setup

Not a lot of useful information to go on there.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual FAQs and Troubleshooting.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

You say you have reset the router. Is that the router feeding the EX7000? What is it?

Remember, after a reset you need to reconfigure for your Internet connection.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7