Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7700 Extender - login failures

K5Hall
Aspirant

EX7700 Extender - login failures

Using the EX7700 with all lateset firmware. This is connected to my D7800 VDSL Modem router.

Using my desktop which is wired to the D7800 I try to login to my extender (EX7700) using Firefox and mywifiext wgicg usually works fine. But I have had problems with this since I have had the extender. Several times now I have used this and just been left with a blank screen. My D7800 is connected to it (router attached devices page). The only way I can resolve this is to use the IP address which then gives me the login page which comes up as New Extender Setup!. The solution I find is just to power the extender OFF for a while and then power back ON. The extender then works fine.

I have had to do this at least 10 times since I have had this extender and it is still within its 2 year warranty.

NOT GOOD. I would have expected this to be more stable than this over a 2 year period!

Any help/resolution/others experiencing this issue?

No point going back to NETGEAR themselves as they will not talk unless you pay them more money!

Already done this for a long chat and to be given the instructions for resetting!

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What actual firmware version are you on for the EX7700?

Message 2 of 4
K5Hall
Aspirant

Firmware is V1.0.0.216.

Established this and re-established the login by powering OFF the extender for 5 mins then powering back on.

Message 3 of 4

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7