Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Emails from Netgear support, but I haven't contacted them

daniel_cs
Follower

Emails from Netgear support, but I haven't contacted them

Hello,

I have been a netgear user for some years now, I have registerd my router r7000 on netgear.com, haven't contacted support since 2016 but got like 30+ email from do_not_reply@netgear.com

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

@mike406 wrote:

Looks like they broke something again. They've been redoing the support systems and all users with existing cases currently cannot access them. Looks like they mistakenly sent out emails to wrong recipients en-masse. These are the types of mistakes that make people lose faith in a company. We expect our internet equipment to be secure from threats - but with all the mistakes that NETGEAR have been making recently, can we trust the integrity of their products? Impressions from your users are everything. Do better.

This is or was POOR planning on their part. I don't think this was a 'fix' as much as a complete new release and way of doing things. It should have been thoroughly tested on an 'off-line' system before going live. Was it? We'll never know? But once it was clear this wasn't going to work, the old system should have been re-installed so users could continue without problems. Then fix the problem, test, and load again. This is not a minor small subset of the site that doesn't work, it is basically total failure.

This is a management problem for not being aware of the problems the change made. I'm sure they are aware and working on it, but for some reason, they can not go back... maybe a database change, maybe another reason, but right now, MY SUPPORT isn't...

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
NightOwl68
Initiate

Just got a ton of emails just like that, and I haven't used support since 2015.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 2 of 12
microchip8
Master

Same here, got a bunch of mails from NG for case numbers I never opened

Message 3 of 12
Tarantula920
Initiate

Hi! I got the exact same email, except a different reference number. I haven't contacted them either.
Message 4 of 12
NightOwl68
Initiate

And the link has val=[val] telling me they are implementing new code and it's not working correct, as the priority escalation doesn't exist.

Message 5 of 12
router2018
Aspirant

I also received 2 emails with the same case number for both emails.  I haven't talked to support recently or opened a case.

Message 6 of 12
jddietrich
Aspirant

I've also gotten unsolicited priority escalation email, 4 of them, yesterday. Has Netgear had a security breach? It's impossible to contact them, appears to be another company (like Verizon), that hates it's customers,

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 12

Same here, received 30 emails from Netgear. Almost sure that they had a security breach or a software bug because my open ticket has dissapeared.
Message 8 of 12
antinode
Guru

> [...] got like 30+ email from do_not_reply@netgear.com [...]

I got one.  I forwarded it to every @netgear.com address I could
find, and figured that someone might do something about it.

> [...] Almost sure that they had a security breach or a software bug
> because my open ticket has dissapeared.

There was an announcement (now vanished?) about changes to the
support system.  Apparently, they inflict untested software changes on
themselves as they do on their (external) victims.  Not amazing, I'd
say.

Message 9 of 12
IrvSp
Master

The NG support site is a mess. You can't even update or see an open or even closed case. H/W that is under the support timeframe sometimes shows up as OK for support, sometimes does not. I've not gotten any e-mails from them but I suspect all this is tied to the Support site having s/w problems. It is NOT useable basically now....

Message 10 of 12
mike406
Apprentice

Looks like they broke something again. They've been redoing the support systems and all users with existing cases currently cannot access them. Looks like they mistakenly sent out emails to wrong recipients en-masse. These are the types of mistakes that make people lose faith in a company. We expect our internet equipment to be secure from threats - but with all the mistakes that NETGEAR have been making recently, can we trust the integrity of their products? Impressions from your users are everything. Do better.

Message 11 of 12
IrvSp
Master

@mike406 wrote:

This is or was POOR planning on their part. I don't think this was a 'fix' as much as a complete new release and way of doing things. It should have been thoroughly tested on an 'off-line' system before going live. Was it? We'll never know? But once it was clear this wasn't going to work, the old system should have been re-installed so users could continue without problems. Then fix the problem, test, and load again. This is not a minor small subset of the site that doesn't work, it is basically total failure.

This is a management problem for not being aware of the problems the change made. I'm sure they are aware and working on it, but for some reason, they can not go back... maybe a database change, maybe another reason, but right now, MY SUPPORT isn't...

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7