Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Enabled Vlan tag and broke WiFi

Zuzab
Aspirant

Enabled Vlan tag and broke WiFi

I was messing around trying to create a Vlan for my smart tv so I went to advanced settings, enabled Vlan tagging, and added a Vlan (or so I thought) the router rebooted and when it came back up my WiFi wasn’t working. If I connect directly to modem it works and all of the lights on the nighthawk are good except the internet light is solid red. Any way to fix this?
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Zuzab
Aspirant

Re: Enabled Vlan tag and broke WiFi

I was able to solve this issue by holding the reset button for 30 seconds,removing power source and continuing to hold reset button for 30 seconds, then plugged power back in while holding for 30 more seconds. All the lights went off and I just had a blinking power light, I power cycled the modem and then I was able to access the router login page.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

Is that accurate?  Not R6700v2 or R6700v3?  Look at the product
label.  Firmware version?

> [...] advanced settings [...] Any way to fix this?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "Factory
Settings" (or "reset").

Message 2 of 4
Zuzab
Aspirant

I apologize, it is the R6700v2. I updated the firmware just before I enabled Vlan tag so it is up to date
Message 3 of 4
Zuzab
Aspirant

I was able to solve this issue by holding the reset button for 30 seconds,removing power source and continuing to hold reset button for 30 seconds, then plugged power back in while holding for 30 more seconds. All the lights went off and I just had a blinking power light, I power cycled the modem and then I was able to access the router login page.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7