Enabling Dynamic QoS on R7900P to break router
Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-band Wifi Router
Firmware Version: V220.127.116.11_1.2.26
When “Dynamic QoS” is applied, the router will stop functioning correctly.
- While SSID continued to show the preset, designated or factory default password wouldn’t work
- Ethernet connectivity won’t work
Steps to reproduce:
- Perform Speedtest in Dynamic QoS page
- Click Enable Dynamic QoS
- Click Apply
- When the setting is applied, the following is observed
- Internet LED would change from white to orange
- Then all the LEDs would not lit up, except Power and Eithernet Port 1-4. Ethernet Port 1 & 3 are white while 2 & 4, orange
- Next, all the LEDs would blank out
- Then Power LED would return in orange, with Ethernet Port 1-4 following
- Afterwhich, Power (orange), 3x Wifi LEDs and WPS LED would lit up
- Finally, all LEDs would return with Internet showing orange
- To resolve, router has to be reset to factory default
Re: Enabling Dynamic QoS on R7900P to break router
Netgear has managed to break QoS bad. Folks are finding issues like you are talking about when trying to use it. Only real fix at this time is to not use it. If you have a fast Internet connection you probably do not need it. QoS was created back when folks had slow Internet connections. My first was 1.544Mbps for example. Thought is was great at the time.
Netgear seems to have let their firmware engineers wander off into the wilderness of bad firmware and they have not found their way out.
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison