Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Endless Password Rest Loop When trying to Enter Routerlogin.net

MissMyBike
Guide

Endless Password Rest Loop When trying to Enter Routerlogin.net

Just got a used R7000P, did a factory reset, & went through the setup using Routerlogin.net. The first setup, I chose Automatic Firmware Updates. Then I read, for security purposes, best to trun off automatic administration options, presumabley to prevent outside hackers from reaching into the router. I tried many times to get back into Routerlogin.net, but kept going into an endless loop of password resets. I opened the Genie app, but it wouldn't provide an option to disable the Automatic Firmware Updates. Nothing on the Internet was helpful, except a possible clue that perhaps Netgear's Genie was the culprit. I gave up, did another factory reset for a new setup & disabled the Automatic Firmware Updates. I still don't know why Routerlogin.net would not work, & whether for any future setups I would have to go through factory resets.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
MissMyBike
Guide

Update:

So it seems Routerlogin.net times out & when revisited pops a signin window for user name & password. Unfortunately, it does not accept the username & password, & instead opens a page for password reset, which cycles in a loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to use another web browser or another device to access the page?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4

@MissMyBike wrote:

I still don't know why Routerlogin.net would not work, & whether for any future setups I would have to go through factory resets.

There can be various reasons for that, depending on the network environment.

Did you try a "plain vanilla"setup. Don't plug anything into the PC beyond the router.

Just run an Ethernet connection from the R7000P to the PC and see what happens.

You can download the firmware separately, put it on a USB drive and update from that in the usual way:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7