Error Message When Resetting Password for Nighthawk X6S

tutucarla
Aspirant

Error Message When Resetting Password for Nighthawk X6S

I got an email telling me to update the softward on the router.  I tried to log-in on my iPhone to do that (following the instructions sent to me), but it wouldn't accept my password.  I requested to reset my password and received an email with a link to do that.  But each time I try to reset the password, I get an error message telling me "Somehting went wrong; contact support."  But my 90-day warranty period expires last week, so I can't contact support.  But I can't update my password without doing that . . .  Seems like a catch 22.  The on-line password reset link doesn't work, but I can't contact anyone to have that problem fixed.  NOW WHAT????

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Error Message When Resetting Password for Nighthawk X6S

don't use Apps, smartphones or wifi to update firmware. These are unreliable tools. Go to the Web GUI  at http://192.168.1.1 using a wired connection and login with your pass. Then go to Advanced and update the firmware 

if you don't remember your password and since you tried to recover it, a factory reset will do it. There's a reset hole at the back of the router

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 16 TB
Message 2 of 3
tutucarla
Aspirant

Re: Error Message When Resetting Password for Nighthawk X6S

Thanks for the information.  Strange that the instructions that come with the email notifying me that an update is available say to log in from a mobile device and update it there.  I will follow your instructions next time!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E