Reply

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

mpadhu
Aspirant

Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

Hi Guys,

 

I own 'Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router'  which I purchased few months back. I face intermittent disconection of Ethernet LAN but Wifi works perfect. I am not able to find the pattern and it randomly gets disconnected and does not connect back by unplugging and plugging LAN cable, Turn off and on, Reboot router, Trying with differnet new and old LAN cables. It connects back randomly after few minutes, hours or even days.  Whenever I get time I keep doing these things to make the LAN work. Tiring and eats lot of time. Please help me in fixing this issue.

 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

What firmware is on the router? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 2 of 10
mpadhu
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

 


@plemans wrote:

What firmware is on the router? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 


Thanks for your reply. Currently on the version V1.1.0.64_1.0.1. 

There is no modem. The ISP provides the demodulated signal via OFC. 

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

theres a newer version of the firmware. I'd install that over a hardwired conneciton, factory reset the router, and reinstall. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6350.aspx#download

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 4 of 10
mpadhu
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router


@plemans wrote:

theres a newer version of the firmware. I'd install that over a hardwired conneciton, factory reset the router, and reinstall. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6350.aspx#download


Thanks, Will do that. Any possibility of this issue getting resloved after upgrading the firmware?

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

There's always the possiblity. its half the reason of firmware upgrades. 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 6 of 10
mpadhu
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router


@plemans wrote:

There's always the possiblity. its half the reason of firmware upgrades. 


Upgraded the firmware and test for around a month. The issue occured twice and I found that there is a power socket near the LAN wire. If I plug some load into that socket and turn the switch on, the LAN gets disconnected!. There is no relation between the two in any way but why this still happens?. I need to restart the router to make the LAN ports work. 

Attached image for reference.

 

Message 7 of 10
mpadhu
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

The internet via LAN still keeps disconnecting with no reason. Rebooting router also does not make the LAN work. Any solution would be highly appreciated. 

Message 8 of 10

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router


@mpadhu wrote:

The internet via LAN still keeps disconnecting with no reason. Rebooting router also does not make the LAN work. Any solution would be highly appreciated. 


Is this a Windows PC?

 

Have you checked that you have the latest drivers for your LAN hardware? You may have to check on the motherboard maker's website.

 

You could also check that your LAN hardware is not set to go into "sleep" mode for any reason.

 

 

Wifi adapter propertiesWifi adapter properties

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's for the wifi but the LAN is similar. Find it in "Device Manager".

 

 

 

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 9 of 10
mpadhu
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet LAN disconnets intermittently - Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router


@michaelkenward wrote:

@mpadhu wrote:

The internet via LAN still keeps disconnecting with no reason. Rebooting router also does not make the LAN work. Any solution would be highly appreciated. 


Is this a Windows PC?

 

Have you checked that you have the latest drivers for your LAN hardware? You may have to check on the motherboard maker's website.

 

You could also check that your LAN hardware is not set to go into "sleep" mode for any reason.

 

 

Wifi adapter propertiesWifi adapter properties

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's for the wifi but the LAN is similar. Find it in "Device Manager".

 

 

 


Yes. Windows PC. I can see that all other LAN ports also gets disconnected. If I connect a new computer to one of the LAN ports, the Internet would not work because all the LAN ports stopped working. 

Sometimes, only one LAN port works out of all ports. After sometime(may be hours, days, weeks) all the ports would work. 

 

I dont think there is a problem with the LAN cable. If the LAN cable is a problem then a new cable connected into a different port should work but it does not. The lights on the Ethernet port in computer dont glow when this issue occurs. which means that there is no signal comming our of ethernet LAN ports. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 275 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements