Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet works all the time but WIFI doesn't depending on the time of day.

RobotMaster
Aspirant

Ethernet works all the time but WIFI doesn't depending on the time of day.

Recently my WIFI has been acting up. In the morning and late evening the wifi slows to the point of being compleately unresposive and pages do not load on any of the wireless devices in my house. I also loose conection to my smart plugs. Devices claim to be conected to the WIFI but it does not work. When i go to my main computer that is conected to my router via ethernet my network conection works fine and speed tests show the same scores they get all day. This is the network in my house. The router is conected to my modum via cat6 and my pc is conected to a nework switch that is conected to my router via cat6 as well. We have the router in our basment and a netgear dual band extender on the main floor at the opposite end of the house. What could be causing that?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Ethernet works all the time but WIFI doesn't depending on the time of day.

What firmware is on the router? 

What extender do you have? 

do you still have the issues if the extender is off? 

What gateway is it connected to? 

When did the issue start? and did something change (like firmware) that might have caused it? 

Message 2 of 4
RobotMaster
Aspirant

The firmware is V1.4.1.68_1.3.28

The problem started on the pervious version and i updated it in an attempt to solve the problem however no change was found from updateing the firmware. I have not tried it with the extender off but I will try turning the extender off the next time I am having this problem. The extender is the nighthawl x62 ac3000 tri-band wifi range extender. As for gateway I am not sure what you mean by that.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What actual model extender is it? 

And what firmware is on the extender?

Did it help with the extender disabled? Just trying to determine if the extender is whats slowing or the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7