Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender Issue After Firmware Update

tikitiki
Aspirant

Extender Issue After Firmware Update

Hi

If I update to the latest firmware (1.0.4.28) my EX6200 range extender has issues with the router. It will appear to be connected correctly from the EX6200 perspective (LED light on the extender showing that it is connected to the router) however it will not appear in the Attached Devices list on the R8000 router. My other devices (phone, laptop, etc) connect to the router and work without any issue. I re-ran the extender set-up again and everything during the process looks normal - except once set up it shows no internet access (which I assume is related to the router connection issue).

I reinstalled the old firmware 1.0.4.18 and my EX6200 appears in the router attached devices list and is working normally.

So it appears to be related to the firmware upgrade?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 3
RANDD
Aspirant

@tikitiki After updating to 1.0.4.28 on the R8000, my EX7300 no longer resolved external network addresses on the 5ghz band, but I could hit any local address.  When I switched over to the 2.4ghz, everything worked as normal. I tried all sorts of things to resolve it before finally hitting the factory reset.  After getting everything set up again post factory reset, the extender is working as expected now.  Hope your network setup isn't too complicated!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7