Follower

Extremely Slow USB 3.0 Speeds

I recently purchased the AC1900 NightHawk router. I've tried multiple USB 3.0 storage devices (multiple 3.0 thumb drives) and the read/writes speeds are always exactly 2.3 Mb/s read and write. These same exact drives, when plugged in to my computers, usually get over 80 Mb/s. I've tried accessing them over both Wi-Fi and ethernet and the result is always the same. I've tried accessing from both OS X and Linux machines as well so I don't think it's an issue with the test.

Running the latest Nighthawk firmware.

Anyone have any advice? The USB 3.0 port was one of the biggest reasons I bought this router, having such slow speeds has been a huge disappointment. 

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Extremely Slow USB 3.0 Speeds

Hi Nightsd01,

Are you transferring a single large file or a large folder containing many files?

What is the format of your drive?

What is the firmware version of the router?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Extremely Slow USB 3.0 Speeds

I am having a similar issue. I have an ac3200 with usb 3 drive as media share. TV is ethernet, but tried wireless too. The video files will play 4 or 5 sevonds then buffer. tried updating to latest firmware today and still no good. Same thing from other devices connected using my media section in net genie app on ipad etc...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements