Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE

ACJR
Aspirant

FIRMWARE UPDATE

I can not update my firmware on my Nighthawk router!!

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 20
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on? 

Were is it failing in the process?

Message 2 of 20

Message 3 of 20
ACJR
Aspirant

I'm trying to update to firmware version v1.4.1.68! I'm curently running firmware v1.4.1.50

Message 4 of 20
ACJR
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.! unfortunately it still did'nt update to the most resent firmware version

Message 5 of 20

You don't tell us anything about what happens when you try, so it is anybody's guess as to why it doesn't work for you.

These things are often down to user error. But who knows?

Message 6 of 20
ACJR
Aspirant

Sorry about that. Well, from what I can tell it does go through the motions of updating. Even my router reboots while it's so-called updating. However, when it's done and my router powers back up, it says update complete, but I have the same software version I had before I started ! So, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I downloaded the file, and then unzipped it and uploaded it and then tried to update the new version??? Thanks for response!!

Message 7 of 20
bjpomeroy
Aspirant

Won't update. I have tried via wifi connection, via computer wired connection and manual download install. It completes the process everytime, but never updates. Trying to update from 4.1.50
Message 8 of 20

@bjpomeroy wrote:
Trying to update from 4.1.50

I assume that you mean Firmware Version 1.4.1.50.

Update to what? Tried one between your version and the latest?

Message 9 of 20
bjpomeroy
Aspirant

No, I tried the latest version. My router, for some reason, won't auto update. I had an issue with something else that required I login to my router to fix. That's when I noticed there was an update available.
Message 10 of 20
Kreindal
Initiate

Why does the Superuser come off so condesdencing. 

There is a Megathread with this R800p piece of junk not updating to the most recent firmware even if you go between or the latest or even downgrade. I'm also having the same issue. I've tried automatically updating the firmware and it goes through the entire process. Reboots Router and when I go check the latest firmware it says at the verison I'm currently stuck on. V1.4.1.50_1.3.10 been trying to update to V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 AND I'm having no luck at all.

Message 11 of 20
Mythlar
Aspirant

Same issue, auto or manual fails.   Shows that it installs if you go manual, but its a lie.

Reccomendations on a new router?

Message 12 of 20

@Kreindal wrote:

Why does the Superuser come off so condesdencing. 

Try this:

SpellcheckSpellcheck

Message 13 of 20
ACJR
Aspirant

Same issue I'm having. I'm seriously thinking about going to purchase a Azus router

Message 14 of 20
JacobyCarter
Tutor

I've been trying to update the router firmware from 1.4.1.50 to 1.4.1.68 with no success.

I've done it several times using the web based admin page and the app.

Same result every time. It says its going through the process, and then tells me it successfully completed the process, and when I chech the version I have it is still 1.4.1.50 and that a more recent version 1.4.1.68 is available. I've followed the instructions on the users manual and the same result. I tried turning off and on the router, and then updating, same result.

Message 15 of 20
JacobyCarter
Tutor

Did you figure out how to do it?

I've got the same problem.

Message 16 of 20

Message 17 of 20
njmoleman
Guide

no matter automatic or manual, the Firmware update goes through the motions but does not update.  interestingly the GUI Language version does, but the actual firmware does not and stays stuck at V1.4.1.50_1.3.10.

This is a KNOWN issue that Netgear is ignoring. I get emails form Netgear warning how dangerous it is to not update, I get notifications in the Admin console telling that an upgrade is available. but updating this router is impossible. I'm beginning ot think that the only way this will be fixed/replaced is by a CLASS ACTION SUIT. This was not a cheap purchase and the less I would expect is being able to update the firmware. 

Message 18 of 20
ACJR
Aspirant

Still will not update

Message 19 of 20
njmoleman
Guide

and here's what I REALLY love. I open a support ticket in Dec 2020 and I been bumping it weekly, and still no response. starting last weekend I get this when I go to check the ticket status for a reponse....  two weeks of a companys support page being down? if they can't fix thier own support page, how are they going to fix a firmware issue. did all the developer/coders quit?2021-04-04_10-50-09.jpg

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7