Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Failed to connect to a Windows service

cmylyy
Aspirant

Failed to connect to a Windows service

Many times when I turn on the computer and connected to internet thru R6900 AC1900 Smart WiFi Router, there will be a small circle showed up above the wifi symbol. When this situation occured, on my computer screen will pop up a message: "Failed to connect to a Windows service. Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Service. This problem prevents sandard users from signing in. As an administrative user....." (can't read the rest message. I am using Windows 10 OS).  In this situation, some of the applications will not work.  Even in my "document" folder, I could not generate a new folder." 

To begin with, I thought it was my computer issue.  A month ago, I bought a new computer. It has the exact problem.  And I don't have this problem when I use my computer anywhere else where have different WiFi routers. I was planning to return to Costco (where I bought from). Then I think I give a try to ask the community, because I think it should happen to other users as well.

Thank you very much.

Cheng 

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Failed to connect to a Windows service

error is all about your PC... check this microsoft solution with video.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

error is all about your PC... check this microsoft solution with video.

Message 2 of 4
cmylyy
Aspirant

Strong1985, thank you very much for the link.  I followed instructions from LeonSnoek (6/21/16) and MickDarrison (5/23/16). it works on my two Win 10 computers.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

great job @cmylyy  🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation