Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firewall issue R7000

Cmnessler
Aspirant

Firewall issue R7000

Just a quick back story: I have 2 security cameras installed on my network, but I am currently unable to access their feed on my phone app when my phone is not on the same network. (This was not an issue with an old Linksys router I used to have.) I have been informed by the camera company that this is happening because of a possible firewall on my router not allowing outside devices to access devices on my network. Does anyone know how or if I can disable the firewall? I have been searching for an answer online and have so far, come up empty.

** If you have questions or need more information, please let me know. I am not an expert on any of this and I am simply looking for some advice. I am a novice when it comes to things of this nature. Thank you in advance for your patience with me.
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Cmnessler
Aspirant

Re: Firewall issue R7000

Yes this is the obvious choice. And it was a simple question.

I am sorry I came to this community and asked questions. I clearly should have known better.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Message 2 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Starting a new thread with again minimal information will probably not garner you much help.

Only new information you provided was that it worked before on a LinkSys router?

Camera MAKE and MODEL is the really needed part. That would allow one to search for setup instructions.

What model phone and app too might be of value.

Firewall can't be changed, but WAN port access can be...

Message 3 of 10
Cmnessler
Aspirant

Thanks for your help! Remember, this is all new to me.

The cameras are a Wansview K1 and a Wansview K3. I access their feeds on the app provided by Wansview with the purchase of their cameras. I have an iPhone 8 and the OS is up to date.

Thank you in advance for your patience with me.
Message 4 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Thanks for the camera info.

I need to KNOW if you followed these Instructions, https://www.cameraftp.com/CameraFTP/Support/Wansview_M625W_NCM620GA_NCM751GA_NCM622GA_Others_CloudRe...

as it seems this might make some configuration changes?

Also on this page, http://www.wansview.com/Service/download/27.html as there are USER MANUALS in various languages, and for the K1 Section 5 details Web Access Setup.

It is ALL new to me too as I don't have that h/w. However after looking at both links above and your comment that it worked before on a LinkSys I'm assuming you did NOT re-setup the camera's for the Netgear, hence your problem, especially if there is a different IP Address for the Netgear router vs. the LinkSys.

Message 5 of 10
Cmnessler
Aspirant

>I need to KNOW if you followed these Instructions, https://www.cameraftp.com/CameraFTP/Support/Wansview_M625W_NCM620GA_NCM751GA_NCM622GA_Others_CloudRe...
as it seems this might make some configuration changes?<

This link is not working for me, however in answering your question at the end, I have not done any re-setting up of my cameras. I was under the understanding (from Wansview) that this wasn’t necessary.

Honest opinion - do you think this will be an easy fix, or something that will be quite extensive? I am not confident in my abilities if this will need to turn into a large work around. ☹️
Message 6 of 10
IrvSp
Master

That LINK works fine for me, but not the one you copied in your reply?

TRY THIS TO SEE THAT LINK.

From what I'm reading on that link when you change any network settings (or even the network) you have to RESETUP the whole system.

Read that link and the USER MANUAL.

I can't help you from here at all.

Message 7 of 10
IrvSp
Master

@Cmnessler wrote:

Honest opinion - do you think this will be an easy fix, or something that will be quite extensive? I am not confident in my abilities if this will need to turn into a large work around. ☹️

What choice do you have, either try to do it or live with it not working?

Message 8 of 10
Cmnessler
Aspirant

Yes this is the obvious choice. And it was a simple question.

I am sorry I came to this community and asked questions. I clearly should have known better.
Message 9 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Nothing to be sorry about, but you could have saved a lot of 'angst' by giving hardware details and the fact it worked before with another router. Once that information was available it was a lot easier to steer you in the right direction.

This is a common problem with new threads. Little or no details, sometimes not even clear what the problem is? Lacking details it is very hard to go forward. 'We' can't see what you see don't forget. In most cases people don't even mention what debug steps they took and give vague details like I tried what I saw on line or tried everything.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7