• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Firmware 1.0.9.12 Disconnects??

Every device in the house is experiencing intermittent and random internet disconnects via wifi. (wifi disconnecting as well)
I do have a portable HDD connected to the USB  port at the front of the router, I've read some people having issues with that regard.

This wasn't happening until after I flashed the firmware with the lastest update.

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues and whether a solution is out there.
They're installing fibre soon and I'd like this unit operating perfectly.

Would there be a stability advantage in going to an open source like Tomato?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Firmware 1.0.9.12 Disconnects??

One thing I'd do is disconnect the Portable drive from the router and see if the issue continues. Portable drives get the power from the USB port and it could be causing problems. Why with the 'new' flash though I don't know?

I guess another 'debug' method would be to installed the f/w before this one and see if the problem still exists?

I assume you did done resets after installing the f/w and re-entered manually your settings? One think I guess people should do when upgrading the f/w and have problems with the new flash.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Well, no I haven't put it back to factory default and done the manual config yet. First I thought I'd see if anyone else is having problems since the new FW release.

I'm going to disconnect that portable drive and see if that improves anything. Good idea. Shame if that's the issue. I really like that feature and I'd prefer to keep it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Master

I've got a WD 2.0 USB powered 1TB (older version) external drive connected in the back 2.0 USB port. Never had a problem with it. Even when I tested it on the 3.0 port (but not with this release).

If removing the drive does fix the problem, try using the back port. Yes, it will transfer slower (i have no problems running CD content saved on that disk) using USB 2.0 for what it is worth. I've also update to this F/W and did NOT reset the router other than doing a re-boot occasionally. Reason being I daily get a log sent to my e-mail and a few times I've seen reports of many DOS Attacks that I'm sure as false reports (some occur during the night time when nothing is even on) and recently time synchronization almost every hour or so and a re-boot of the router stops this stuff.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Is there a problem with the firmware update or a issue with the router when trying to run the firmware or both working together?

Message 5 of 5