Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Check Error R7000P

martyhawke
Aspirant

Firmware Check Error R7000P

When I check for firmware updates using the Nighthawk app for my R7000P, the response is Firmware Check Error . . . no matter how many times I try.

I am also getting the error "logon timed out, please try again.  If this issue persists, try rebooting your device". My password is correct, WIFI is connected.  When I do in fact reboot, I am able to log in.  But if I leave the nighthawk app even momentarily and reenter, I get the time out error again.  Very frustrating.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Firmware Check Error R7000P

@martyhawke wrote:

When I check for firmware updates using the Nighthawk app for my R7000P, the response is Firmware Check Error . . . no matter how many times I try.

I am also getting the error "logon timed out, please try again.  If this issue persists, try rebooting your device". My password is correct, WIFI is connected.  When I do in fact reboot, I am able to log in.  But if I leave the nighthawk app even momentarily and reenter, I get the time out error again.  Very frustrating.

Recommend you avoid the Nighthawk application and do a manual update.  The most recent firmware for the R7000P is V1.3.3.154_10.1.86.

Here is a link to the instructions: 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7