Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update Failure Nighthawk AC1900 R6900

BabyDar
Aspirant

Firmware Update Failure Nighthawk AC1900 R6900

I have been unable to update the firmware today.  Signing in to the network going to ADVANCED > ADMINISTRATION > ROUTER UPDATE it says I'm currently at 1.0.1.26 and should be at 1.0.2.16_10.  I click the download button and it says ROUTER DOWNLOADING but quickly follows with FAILED TO UPDATE FIRMWARE.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm not having any particular problems other than slower than molasses internet speed that probably is the fault of my ISP.  Maybe I should let well enough alone.  

Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware Update Failure Nighthawk AC1900 R6900

You may need to try a manual update here is a KB on how to do that.

https://kb.netgear.com/23442/How-do-I-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router-with-a-web-browser

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
BabyDar
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply DarrenM.  This is EXACTLY how I attempted to update the firmware, ethernet connection and all.  It wouldn't work for me.  

Message 3 of 8

@BabyDar wrote:

Thanks for your reply DarrenM.  This is EXACTLY how I attempted to update the firmware, ethernet connection and all.  It wouldn't work for me.  

You are trying to jump near on 10 firmware versions. That's three years' worth.

It might help to try an intermediate version or two. Sometimes Netgear puts out "severe" upgrades that change things so much that you need to retrace your steps.

Message 4 of 8
BabyDar
Aspirant

Thank you, that does make sense.  I will go at it from that angle.

Message 5 of 8

Good luck.

There are also times when Netgear advises a reset and/or reboot before the upgrade.

Message 6 of 8
BabyDar
Aspirant

Do you mean that little hole on the back of the router?  Would that reset my password?

Message 7 of 8

@BabyDar wrote:

Do you mean that little hole on the back of the router?  Would that reset my password?

Yes.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Return the Router to Its Factory Default Settings.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7