Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware quirks?

wellersl
Aspirant

Firmware quirks?

This is actually a continuation of on going anoyances with these units. I'm on my third router and these anoyances persist. They are:

1) The inability to change channels. More precicely, I can change channels, but the the router changes them back.

2) The inability to toggle "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" on and off. It just doesn't toggle (Off).

3) The inability to toggle "Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING" on and off. It just doesn't toggle (Off).

Each change to a setting must be acknowledged with an "Apply." In each case, the setting returns to its previous state.

I read that Netgear recommends AGAINST changing any of the "factory" security settings. This includes changing the SSIDs. Could that actually be the problem?

https://kb.netgear.com/24095/How-do-I-specify-the-basic-wireless-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-router

"The router comes with preset security. This means that the WiFi network name (SSID), network key (password), and security option (encryption protocol) are preset in the factory. You can find the preset SSID and password on the router label."
Note: The preset SSID and password are uniquely generated for every device to protect and maximize your wireless security."

"NETGEAR recommends that you do not change your preset security settings."

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7