Firmware update 10.0.9.64 causing frequent internet drop outs

Truejake2
Follower

Firmware update 10.0.9.64 causing frequent internet drop outs

I was having minor internet slow down inssues from my pc. So I went through my normal relaunch the browser. restart the pc and then finally check for an upgrade to the router firmware routine. This is not a problem for me. I usually get it fixed with the first two steps then the third is just a bonus thing I do to keep it up to date. However this time, after upgrading the frimware from 10.0.9.60 to 10.0.9.64 I began having frequent internet dropouts. At first I thought it was only my wifi devices so I kept restarting the wifi, reconnecting devices, and also restarting those devices themselves to try and makes sure all connections were refreshed. That didnt work and then I noticed that my hardwired xbox was also having the same drop out issues. I just returned to the 10.0.9.60 firmware and it seems to have resolved itself for now. It has only been a few minutes so I will continue to monitor to issue, but I wanted to make sure this was reported somewhere in case I am not the only one experiencing issues.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Isles39
Guide

Re: Firmware update 10.0.9.64 causing frequent internet drop outs

I had the same issue with both .60 and .64. I resorted to going back to .42 to correct the disconnect issue, unfortunately.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E