Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware

Iamcity
Tutor

Firmware

Has there been any new firmware update. I havent been on the forums for about 6 months or so. If there is any can someone send me the link to it. I'm currently having problems with my wifi on my xr500. If i don a speed test I get high speeds but overall when using my phone, smart tv or firestick my internet moves very slow. It shouldnt be doing that because i pay for 1gb internet.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

details are key. 

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what actual speeds are you getting? "slow speeds" doesn't tell us details. 

3. also, what band are you testing wireless speeds on? 2.4ghz is a slow network but broadcasts further. 5ghz is much much faster but doesn't broadcast as far or through at much materials

4. what firmware version are you on? 

5. you might get better assistant in the pro-gaming forum your device should be in. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Message 2 of 5
Iamcity
Tutor

I dont have a problem with speed test. Its the device not matching the speed if that makes sense. The current verison duma that i am running is v2.3.120. I run my speed test on 5Ghz, when i do run it i get about 600 gb which i am satisfied with but when i use my devices is doing alot of loading when it shouldnt.

Message 3 of 5

@Iamcity wrote:

Has there been any new firmware update. I havent been on the forums for about 6 months or so. If there is any can someone send me the link to it.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2...

@Iamcity wrote:

Has there been any new firmware update. I havent been on the forums for about 6 months or so. If there is any can someone send me the link to it. I'm currently having problems with my wifi on my xr500. If i don a speed test I get high speeds but overall when using my phone, smart tv or firestick my internet moves very slow. It shouldnt be doing that because i pay for 1gb internet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7