Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmwide upgrade 1.0.1.44 broke Wireless functionality

cchace
Aspirant

Firmwide upgrade 1.0.1.44 broke Wireless functionality

I upgraded the firmware on my R6700 to version 1.0.1.44 and now the wireless is disabled. Basic home screen says Wireless is off; Advanced home screen shows wireless network with red "X". How do I get working WiFi? Why did the upgrade break it? This is extremely frustrating - I'm completely dead in the water. Please help.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Firmwide upgrade 1.0.1.44 broke Wireless functionality

Factory reset done?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Factory reset done?

Message 2 of 6
cchace
Aspirant

factory reset fixed problem; although needed to re-enter all settings. Gotta be a better way to handle this...

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

After you get the router set up again. Do a current router save configuration to file. Under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Backup section. Keep this handly and safe for when you need to do a factory reset you can just apply these settings again. 

@cchacewrote:

factory reset fixed problem; although needed to re-enter all settings. Gotta be a better way to handle this...

Message 4 of 6

@FURRYe38 wrote:

After you get the router set up again. Do a current router save configuration to file. Under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Backup section. Keep this handly and safe for when you need to do a factory reset you can just apply these settings again. 

It is always worth trying that, I do, but it is not recommended. Restoring the settings can bring bugs back from the dead.

The trick is to reset the thing, restore the settings and see if all is well. If it is, great, if not, reset and reconfigure.

@cchacewrote:

Gotta be a better way to handle this...

You can say that again. It is a constant refrain. Add your vote here:

Never rebuild a configuration from scratch again! - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime, Alt+Print Screen grabs are your friend.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Saving a new configuration file after dong a factory reset and clean setup is recommended in this case. 

Thanks. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7