Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS105v5 causes pixelated areas on PVR

StephLader
Aspirant

GS105v5 causes pixelated areas on PVR

Hello there,
I purchased this device about 3 months ago and everything seemed to operate just great. In the last 10 days the device has been causing errors in the video stream.
The router is located in the basement and sends signal from LAN 3 from the router to the main wall socket upstairs. From that socket I run a CAT 5 into Port 1 on the NETGEAR GS105v5. From port 2 I runt a CAT 5 to the Optic TV Box(PVR) while ports 3,4&5 go to 3 desktops via CAT 5 cables.
On random basis the video feed going to the PVR ( as live programming) is pixelated.
It worked with no problems for 3 months but now without changing anything in the setup it simply errors this way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Model: GS105v5|ProSafe 5 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Are you sure it's the switch? Try to rule out the router first, then if it's the switch I'm afraid yoou may need to replace it

Message 2 of 6
StephLader
Aspirant

Thank you for the help on this one! I had the internet provider replace my router yesterday with a new one and the problem persists with the same symptoms. Yes, I can confirm that if I take the switch out of the context the PVR runs without problems.
Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Then your switch is faulty. If it's still under warrenty, you may contact NETGEAR for an exchange. If they do difficult about it, might buy a new switch instead

Message 4 of 6
StephLader
Aspirant

Thanks again! I will give it a try as it is only 3 months old ... I’m based in Calgary, Canada so it will be interesting to see how much will the shipping cost me ... I’m not happy about this at all... what a waste of money...
Message 5 of 6
labatt
Mentor

Looking at what these sell for on Amazon, I would say it is bin time and move on. Not sure, with my less then stellar experience with Netgear that it would be another Netgear. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7