Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Galaxy S20 R8000 wifi issues

StrossBoss
Follower

Galaxy S20 R8000 wifi issues

Hey all,
I have been having connectivity issues with pretty much any android phone that tries to connect to the network. First it was both my girlfriend's and my Pixel 2XL. Recently we switched to the S20 and it's the same issue. It picks up the network but fails to connect even though other devices work without issue. Sometimes it will even disappear from the list. I have to manually click connect multiple times and sometimes it finally goes through. I am wondering if it is the smart connect feature causing the issue?
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Smart Connect on NG routers is pretty much sub-par. It is not that "smart" at all and can cause various issues. Do a test by disabling it and see if the issue goes away. Then you'll know it's Smart Connect causing it or not.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Smart Connect on NG routers is pretty much sub-par. It is not that "smart" at all and can cause various issues. Do a test by disabling it and see if the issue goes away. Then you'll know it's Smart Connect causing it or not.

Message 2 of 3
Kevclar
Initiate

All of the connectivity issues with my 13 devices went away when I turned smart connect off.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7