Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gant get internet through my cell but can on my Laptop

Mikeatcolorado
Aspirant

Gant get internet through my cell but can on my Laptop

I have a strange problem. I've been using an N300 router. I put on this R6020 to upgrade it. I have some wireless cameras and my computer on the WiFi. I have my cable box plugged into the router. The problem is that I can hook up my laptop to both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz and it works fine.

When I try to hook up the cameras and my cell phone, I have problems. The cameras are a wyze cubes and it does not have any way to see whats going on. It just says it can't connect check your user name and password. When I go to hookup ny galaxy 7 it connects to the router, but it says there is not internet on the connection. This is the same error I get on the 5 Ghz also. The cameras and phone worked fine on the N300. 

I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. Antone have any ideas?

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Gant get internet through my cell but can on my Laptop

@Mikeatcolorado wrote:

I have a strange problem. I've been using an N300 router.

Which one? N300 is not a reliable guide to model number. It is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@Mikeatcolorado wrote:

I have a strange problem. I've been using an N300 router.

Which one? N300 is not a reliable guide to model number. It is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

Message 2 of 3
Mikeatcolorado
Aspirant

I appriciate the info. No matter what I did. it would not work. The next day, my wife said her kendall lost signal. obviously because I changed the router. I took her Kendall to see if it would hook up. It went right in and worked fine. Because of this, I went back to see if my cell and cameras worked. They hooked right up like they are supposed to.

The firmware is 1.0.0.42 It said it was the latest it could get. It's an AC750 wireless router Model number is R6020 It's behind a cable modem provided by the cable company.  Keep in mind it worked with the last router, that was behind it, fine.

Thanks for your reply. I guess since it is now working, although I have no idea why, I don't have any problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7