Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gateway setting on R7000

ColBartram
Aspirant

Gateway setting on R7000

Hi. I am trying to implement a configuration where a BT SmartHub2 connects to my BT fibre broadband, but our DHCP and Wifi is provided by the R7000 Nighthawk.

Taking guidance from another BT SH2 user, I need to reconfigure the R7000 as follows - "Create a static IP on the WAN setup in the Nighthawk, i.e 192.168.1.1, Gateway 192.168.1.254 and both DNS as 192.168.1.254."

I don't understand the reference to Gateway and cannot see an appropriate setting in the R7000 Admin.

Any guidance would be most welcome.

Message 1 of 2
ColBartram
Aspirant

Re: Gateway setting on R7000

Some more info -  I downloaded the Manual for the R7000 Ac1900. The section on setting up with a fixed IP - which is what I am trying to do - says 

Use Static IP Address. Enter the IP address, IP subnet mask, and the gateway IP
address that your ISP assigned. The gateway is the ISP router to which your router
connects.

My problem is that I cannot see in the Admin UI where to input either the subnet mask or the gateway address.  

I read on another thread that the R7000 doesn't allow you to specify a Gateway address. I hope this is not the case, and if so then the manual is wrong (maybe a cut and paste from another product's manual?).

All help appreciated.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7