Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gigabit fiber and have 2-different R7800 both suffer with upload speed when hardwired

camo
Follower

Gigabit fiber and have 2-different R7800 both suffer with upload speed when hardwired

I have 3 routers 4 including the ISP all with the latest available stock firmware all with QOS turned off. 1-R7000 and 2-R7800's I picked up on eBay.

The R7000 is my original router purchased new and does fine when speed testing hardwired will do 900 Mbps up and down to the  nearest Ooakla server. I've tried other speed test all exhibit the same issue. The issue is neither R-7800 will upload faster than 80 Mbps except after just turned on or reset for the first 10 minutes. Past about 10 minutes both R-7800's throttle down to around 80 Mbps upload speed and download stays true 900 Mbps. (This is also hardwired)  Does anyone have any insight what's going on?  BTW I also have the ISP Allo router which is a Wifi 6 Calix GigaSpire BLAST u6x that does fine up and down when hardwired but the Wifi performance to multiple wifi cameras was much worse even with Wifi 6 AX band turned off the R7000 is far superior. 

I stream one of my 3 cameras on my weather website 24-7 so good Wifi performance is a must. I can't figure it out just wanted a little better 5 and 2 Ghz performance the R7800 was supposed to have vs the R7000  but don't want to sacrifice my gigabit upload speeds I'm paying for. Thanks for any insight of what may be causing this upload bottleneck on the R7800's. I read somewhere else someone experienced the same issue with the R7800 but they had the WRT firmware and it was doing the same thing. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7