Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Google Assistant says Sorry Netgear no longer available.

Jbenhart
Guide

Google Assistant says Sorry Netgear no longer available.

Hello,

I had my Google home working just fine with my Netgear nighthawk but now when I request anything from Google, it tells me  "Sorry, Netgear is no longer available." I tried re-adding the Netgear back to Google but it just keeps telling me the same thing over and over. Remote management is still on, no changes that I can remember. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We are aware of the issues with google Home and this should now be fixed please let me know if you still can not connect your google devices.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Not enought info?

I assume NETGEAR is the Wifi SSID? Google home has no Wifi signal? Is that it?

What DEBUG have you done? Does Google home even see any SSID's?

What is the ROUTER and what are the colors of the LED's?

Do you have ANY devices connected to NETGEAR?

Message 2 of 7
Jbenhart
Guide

Netgear is the brand of the router? And also the trigger phrase to control the router with google home. You're suppose to say, "ask Netgear to reboot router." etc., but it just errors. Google home and nighthawk are working fine. Both Google home and nighthawk are connected. 20+ items connected to the router, all fine. I've tried to reconnect the voice functionality to Google home and it just says Netgear is not available.
Message 3 of 7
ascernas
Guide

Not sure if this helps but I am new on Netgear and recently I tried to look for it on the list from Google Home and I don’t longer see them, so I may guess they removed the integration.

I do also have Amazon Alexa and they still have Netgear integration.
Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We are aware of the issues with google Home and this should now be fixed please let me know if you still can not connect your google devices.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
randelld
Aspirant

I am also trying to add my netgear D7800 router to google assistant but netgear does not appear on the list.

Message 6 of 7
Jbenhart
Guide

You can also use the voice trigger to connect your router to Google. I believe you tell Google assistant to "talk to Netgear." If not, give it a Google. You don't have to add it manually though. You can use your Google assistant and it'll walk you through it.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7