Highlighted
Community Manager

Google Chrome V77 Blocking Admin Page Access

NETGEAR Community Image.jpg

After the recent release of Google Chrome version, 77.0.3865.75 NETGEAR was made aware of an issue where access to the NETGEAR device’s admin page is being blocked. This appears to be an issue with one of the Chrome 77 options called "Committed Interstitials" for HTTP Auth. You can resolve this issue by using one of the two options below:

1. Download and install the Nighthawk or Orbi mobile app to manage basic settings (for Nighthawk and Orbi products only)

OR

2. Use an alternate web browser such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Firefox.

OR

3. For those users that prefer to use chrome the issue can be addressed by following the steps below:

a. Paste chrome://flags/#http-auth-committed-interstitials into a Google Chrome Browser

b. Click the down arrow to change from Default or Enabled to Disabled

Outlook-o1riap2n.png

c. Click Relaunch Now

outlookimage002.jpg

d. You should now be able to access the login page of your Netgear device.

For more information please visit How to fix Google Chrome 77 blocking access to NETGEAR login pages issue

Message 1 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Betreff: Google Chrome V77 Blocking Admin Page Access

After login, you will notice that in the home page under "Internet" it will say "Waiting" and under "Attached Devices" nothing will show up.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Google Chrome V77 Blocking Admin Page Access

I had no problems logging in from any computer/broswer to my orbi prior. Now no possible way to login... access denied. The orbi app work fine but I need access to more advanced functions.

the orbi replies to pings.

I have tried Edge, Firefox, and this Chrome 'fix' with no success.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you this worked for me!

Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hey there, so google chrome is blocking your access to the admin page of the router did you tried disabling the blockers of your site if activated. You can always try reinstalling the chrome and have the default system, or you can check out facebook you'll surely get your solution there. Have a nice day!

Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Virtuoso

's time for you Netgear to implement SSL for web interface. All other manufactures did it two years ago.

Message 6 of 15
Highlighted

This is totally ridiculous. I have setup so many of these routers that I have lost count and  this ignorant  issue has been going on with Netgear for YEARS. Chrome wasn't the issue for me, IT IS NETGEAR'S PROBLEM. When in the hell are you people going to fix this crap? I have already started buying eero's and it looks like they are going to be my new go to hardware for all of my customers. I need a product that will not only work but that is being developed in a TIMELY MANNER. There is NO reason that this crap should be happening for this many years.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Initiate

I too am having issues with Netgear - and it's been a problem with other netgear products before as well.

So far, it's been the worst with this new router. RAX120 - every day, I have to reboot the damn thing for both wired and wireless connections to get the network to function properly.

Netgear needs to get their crap together.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

I just bought the AX12 last night (not configured). It sounds like i am in for trouble.

Message 9 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Only if you use a Chrome or Chromium-based browser. I think the latest versions of Chrome and Chromium fixed this but in case there's still a problem there is an easy solution provided by Dustin:

Paste chrome://flags/#http-auth-committed-interstitials into Google Chrome or Chromium-based Browser (Vivaldi, Opera, et.al.)

b. Click the down arrow to change from Default or Enabled to Disabled

Message 10 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

I honestly don't know if the Chrome version is the problem but I just disabled as recommended and I still cannot access my admin page.  This is after resetting the router to the default username and pw.  Any help will be appreciated!  Desperate!

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

If you are on a Mac and using a Chrome or Chromium based browser, try getting in via Safari.

If you are on a Windows PC, try Firefox or LastPass Free which has a browser.

Did you reboot after you edited the Chrome browser items before you tried getting into Netgear Admin Page?  Try that too.

Message 12 of 15
Highlighted

This crap is such a headache that I have had my company stop selling Netgear garbage.

Message 13 of 15
Highlighted

I use eero's now. MUCH BETTER OPTION.

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Initiate

What has worked for me in the past is when I go to login to my router, instead of typing routerlogin.com in the browser's URL address bar like the dreictions say, I type 198.162.1.1

Logging in through the local device IP seems to allow access to the Advanced settings tab every time.

A side note: You may want to login through routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net first. If you are unable to access the advanced settings tab, log back out and log back in using 198.162.1.1

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements