Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google Home, Talk to Netgear, Guest Network.

saturn5
Aspirant

Google Home, Talk to Netgear, Guest Network.

Hi, I have managed to get my google home mini set up and am able to "talk to Netgear", however when I ask it to enable or disable guest wifi it responds by asking me if I want to turn off a network which is not my guest wifi, it reads out the ssid of a network I have running on my EX7000 which is running in extender mode (The extender has a different ssid as I use to allow the kids to connect to this network and control their access to the internet via the access scheduling feature- allowing me 24/7 access via the R7000). The guest network on the R7000 has the default ssid of something like netgear30_5ghc_ext but as I say "talk to netgear" asks me if I want to turn off my extender network AND NOT my guest network. How do I get google home/"talk to netgear" to switch the correct guest network on and off? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
saturn5
Aspirant

Re: Google Home, Talk to Netgear, Guest Network.

It gets worse! I have just realised it is not the ssid of my EX7000 but it is the ssid of one of my nieghbors! I asked netgear to enable it, which it apparently did and then it sent me an email showing me the guest network credentials which again showed my neighbors ssid but one of my own network passwords. The password is used on another ssid I sometimes run! What the hell is going on? My neighbor is on EE in the UK and Im 99% sure his router isn't netgear and Im 100% sure he's as thick as a brick with networking & pc's.!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
saturn5
Aspirant

It gets worse! I have just realised it is not the ssid of my EX7000 but it is the ssid of one of my nieghbors! I asked netgear to enable it, which it apparently did and then it sent me an email showing me the guest network credentials which again showed my neighbors ssid but one of my own network passwords. The password is used on another ssid I sometimes run! What the hell is going on? My neighbor is on EE in the UK and Im 99% sure his router isn't netgear and Im 100% sure he's as thick as a brick with networking & pc's.!

Message 2 of 3
saturn5
Aspirant

Thanks for all the replies, most informative. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7