Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Great customer support (NOT)

dondorn
Apprentice

Great customer support (NOT)

rying to decide on which modem to buy and use for Comcast 1GB. I called and waited 45 mins or so just to be told i had to be transfered to a different dept. Waited for a while and rep came back and said they were busy and would i mind being put on the list for call back. I didnt mind that and gave my number. 2 days later no call no email no nothing. I have quite a few Netgear products and dont expect much but a little support now and then. I dont know now if i should order the new modem fnow ??  ( Support Case #42662714 ) this was supposed to be my call back info.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Would you like us to help with your issue? We're not netgear, we're the community forum. Sometimes its faster to get help here versus customer service. But again, we're not netgear so if there is hardware issues, you need to go through support for replacement. 

What issue are you having? (more details are better than being brief as we're not there to see whats going on)

What router is it connecting to?

Do you have a screen snip of the modem cable connections page and the logs? This can help check line issues.

If you do have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in line, I'd recommend removing them. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Would you like us to help with your issue? We're not netgear, we're the community forum. Sometimes its faster to get help here versus customer service. But again, we're not netgear so if there is hardware issues, you need to go through support for replacement. 

What issue are you having? (more details are better than being brief as we're not there to see whats going on)

What router is it connecting to?

Do you have a screen snip of the modem cable connections page and the logs? This can help check line issues.

If you do have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in line, I'd recommend removing them. 

Message 2 of 10
dondorn
Apprentice

When i called them it was just questions on their product. Thats all i wanted. to know if the CM1150V was the latest modem or if there were anymore down the line and maybe i should wait? I explained that to rep who said he couldnt answer that and i would be better off with tech support. Not really a big deal until i seee a better one next month and then i will be mad. 🙂 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

If you need voice, its currently the latest/greatest. 

Things do change in the future but netgear doesn't release dates of products because so many things cause changes/delays. (covid/supply issues/etc)

What exactly are you looking for? 

The CAX80 is coming out but it doesn't have voice. 

Message 4 of 10
dondorn
Apprentice

Yes with voice. I have xfinity Xb7 gateway and it sucks. so im going to go modem to router to comp. save the 15 a month and see if that works. 

Message 5 of 10
microchip8
Master

Due to current COVID-19 pandemic, it is very busy at NG support. Don't take this as being bad or something

Message 6 of 10
Raf1212
Apprentice

I also called, it looks very bad for them, they haven't solved the problem yet, and they don't write yet that their xr500 router is not compatible with most routers, a disaster

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 7 of 10
dondorn
Apprentice

Well i have to appologize.........Maybe a little bit late but tech did call back. and went out of his way to help me. He went above and beyond what i was asking so ..i apologze netgear 😞  and TYVM.........Confidence replenished !! )

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 10
Raf1212
Apprentice

for me it's not changing, they sell a product that does not meet the expected solution deprives all the goodies for which I bay a router, I hope dumaos 3.0 will fix the problems, but I have been waiting for a year or two already lost time

Message 9 of 10

@dondorn wrote:

I called and waited 45 mins or so just to be told i had to be transfered to a different dept.

Other things to worry about?

We are experiencing unusually high call volume - NETGEAR Communities

Everyone on the planet has rushed home and is trying to get their Internet to work.

People on the other end of the phone lines may also be at death's door.

We all have to make allowances in these hard times.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7