Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HG659b

Skuzzo
Follower

HG659b

My mesh is working fine and extends right across my house...but...my Sony Bravia TV can't connect to the internet through it. It seems to fail when looking for an IP address.

I have seen some stuff on that in the quick guide but I don't really get what I am doing wrong. It's the turning off of MAC stuff or Wi-Fi Access Control or ACL where I felt lost on my Hawwai HG659b modem router.

help!

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 2

Re: HG659b

@Skuzzo wrote:

My mesh is working fine and extends right across my house...but...my Sony Bravia TV can't connect to the internet through it. It seems to fail when looking for an IP address.

"Smart" TVs rarely live up to their name. Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

Where possible, it is usually easier to use a wired connection from the router to the TV. It is easier to set up and less likely to fall over. If you can't run Ethernet cables around the place, you could look into Powerline Ethernet. It turns your mains wiring into an Ethernet circuit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7