HORRIBLE Experience - Product NetGear R7000 / AC1900. Even Apple Tech Support had problems at home

netfearit
Follower

HORRIBLE Experience - Product NetGear R7000 / AC1900. Even Apple Tech Support had problems at home

I purchased my first NetGear router in a while but sure did not expect the 2-3 days of hassles with this product upsetting homework and the family trying to get this to work.   I was told good things and did my research but unfortunately the first issue was believing that eBay would be a good place to purchase it.   No serial number, therefore, no support and a high pressure pitch from Phillipines call center wanting to hand off to India technical support.  No love felt for sure.  

After great technical support with Apple (will always love those guys), the issue is not on their end and I am 70% knowledgable on networks, development, etc.  Interesting that even the Apple rep talked about the Netgear Nighthawk that she bought and had constant problems in her personal family world.   Funny her husband with a network engineer.   

Here is the issue.  
 -The router continues to lose connectivity sporadically 

My Equipment 
-Comcast Cable/WIFI combo router 

-Placed in Bridge Mode. 
-AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk (R7000)

Steps Completed
-Restarted  modem first, then router. 

-New ethernet cables for connectivity purposes
-Made sure connections were secure on all cables
-Shut down vs. reboot computers and iphones that cannot connect

-Updated firmware with upload 

-Unchecked the 5G option and stayed with the 2.4 because home office in basement 

-Unchecked smart settings because it is not going to use 5G

-Connection failed to work periodically with both ethernet connected only and WIFI without Ethernet 
-No restrictions set on router for permissions or access. All is left open for new users. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: HORRIBLE Experience - Product NetGear R7000 / AC1900. Even Apple Tech Support had problems at h

Firmware on the router you updated to? 

What modem/router is it from comcast? 

You put you have it in bridge mode. Not all companies bridge mode function properly. You could try running the comcast device in router mode, disable its wifi, and use the R7000 in access point mode. 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements